TablePress can import and export tables from and to the following formats:
- CSV (Character-separated Values)
- Every row is in a new line, every column is separated by a character (like “;” (semicolon), “,” (comma), or “\tab” (tabulator)). The plugin will try to determine the used separation character automatically. See the Wikipedia article for more information on the CSV format.
- HTML (Hypertext Markup Language)
- The plugin will import the first occurance of a HTML table (enclosed in
<table></table>). It will not recognize or import tables with “colspan” or “rowspan” attributes in its cells!
- TablePress can import tables from JSON that represents a plain two-dimensional array of strings, where each string represents the content of a cell. It can also import its custom and more advanced JSON format, as created during the export. See the Wikipedia article for more information on the JSON format.