I’m happy to announce that a new release of TablePress is now available. TablePress 1.8 can now be downloaded from the WordPress Plugin Directory and will show up as an automatic update in the WordPress Dashboard for existing users shortly.
Over a year passed without the need to ship a bugfix release, which shows how stable and well-tested the TablePress codebase is. This would not be possible without the now more than 500,000 active users. A big “Thank you!” to all users and supporters of TablePress, especially those that helped with a donation! Your contributions are highly appreciated and allow me to continue giving support for the plugin! Thank you very much!
Here is a summary of the changes in TablePress 1.8:
- Full compatibility with WordPress 4.7
- Updated external libraries (CodeMirror, DataTables, Build tools).
- Enhancement: Better spacing between the label and input field for the search in tables.
- Enhancement: Update list of allowed CSS properties in “Custom CSS”.
- Enhancement: Make it easier for other plugins to clear the TablePress output cache.
- Enhancement: Simplification of some strings/text, to make translations easier.
- Bugfix: Better sanitization of HTML code in the Preview (thanks to Gerard Arall).
- Some internal changes and fixes for better stability, cleaner code, translations, and documentation.
- TablePress 1.8 requires WordPress 4.7!
Updates to some TablePress Extensions will also be available shortly. Please take a look through the list of Extensions and check if there’s maybe an update available.