Earlier this week, WordPress 4.4 was released with many great new things. As an early Christmas present, I’m happy to announce that a new release of TablePress is now available as well. TablePress 1.7 can now be downloaded from the WordPress Plugin Directory and will show up as an automatic update in the WordPress Dashboard for existing users shortly.
I’d like to say “Thank you!” to all testers, users, and supporters of TablePress, especially those that supported the plugin with a donation or good rating in the WordPress Plugin Directory! Your support is highly appreciated! Thank you very much!
Here is a summary of the changes in TablePress 1.7:
- Full compatibility with WordPress 4.4
- Bugfix: Properly align tabs and heading in the main navigation bar at the top.
- Bugfix: Restore layout on small screens (responsiveness) for the “All Tables” screen.
- Bugfix: Restore layout of the overlay when inserting tables into posts/pages.
- Bugfix: Make input fields on the “Edit” screen resizable in both directions again.
- Bugfix: Restore sorting arrows on the “Edit” screen.
- Bugfix: Some strings were unclear, had typos, or used wrong HTML entities.
- Bugfix: Prevent certain “Custom Commands” from being rewritten to a new syntax in the wrong way.
- Bugfix: Make sure that the table preview is properly translated to other languages.
- Enhancement: Make the “Custom CSS” textarea vertically resizable.
- Enhancement: Support more CSS3 properties when cleaning “Custom CSS” code.
- Enhancement: Increase reliability when internally converting tables to their storage format (JSON).
- Enhancement: Use correct HTML markup for better accessibility on the admin screens.
- Enhancement: Only load required parts of jQuery, for faster page loads in some environments.
- Updated external libraries (CodeMirror, DataTables, Build tools).
- Translations: Switched from .po/.mo files to WordPress Plugin Language Packs.
- Some internal changes and fixes for better stability, cleaner code, and documentation.
- TablePress 1.7 requires WordPress 4.3!
Updates to some TablePress Extensions will also be available soon. Please take a look through the list of Extensions and check if there’s maybe an update available.