It’s my pleasure to announce the availability of a new release of TablePress. Version 1.2 is now available for download in the WordPress Plugin Directory and as an automatic update in your WordPress Dashboard.
Before we get to the details, I’d like to take the time and thank all users and supporters of TablePress, especially those that supported the plugin with a donation or good rating in the WordPress Plugin Directory. TablePress has already been downloaded over 190,000 times and is currently ranking in the Top 15 of the highest rated plugins. Thank you very much!
TablePress 1.2 is mainly a stability and compatibility release, which fixes several small and annoying problems, and adds compatibility to WordPress 3.7. It is therefore strongly recommended to install this update. Note that TablePress 1.2 requires at least WordPress 3.6.
The most interesting changes include:
- Compatibility with WordPress 3.7
- Bugfix: WordPress search did not find tables in some cases
- Bugfix: Cells were sometimes erroneously interpreted as formulas
- Bugfix: HTML export did not encode entities properly
- Bugfix: Wrong variable name in table render code
- Enhancement: Add logarithm to math functions for formulas
- Enhancement: Better internal code documentation and variable type checks
- Enhancement: Add parameter to Shortcode that allows showing debug information
- Updated external libraries
- Updated several translations (Brazilian Portuguese, Czech, French, German, Latvian)
- Many more internal code improvements
- TablePress now requires WordPress 3.6!
If this update is helpful for you, please rate TablePress in the WordPress Plugin Directory and consider supporting further TablePress development with a donation. Thank you!