I’m happy to announce that a new release of TablePress is now available. TablePress 1.14 can now be downloaded from the WordPress Plugin Directory and will show up as an automatic update in the WordPress Dashboard for existing users shortly.
TablePress 1.14 is a stability, maintenance, and compatibility release with these changes:
- Full compatibility with WordPress 5.8.
- Enhancement: Make behavior of bulk action selectors on the “All tables” screen more user-friendly.
- Enhancement: Apply and enforce more granular coding standards for better code maintainability.
- Enhancement: Allow import files with an .xlsm file extension, in addition to .xlsx files.
- Enhancement: Add more options (filter and action hooks) for external integration of custom code.
- Bugfix: Fix handling of the help box on the “Edit” screen when it’s opened again after closing it.
- Bugfix: Properly return modified table data when external code integrates into TablePress.
- Bugfix: Correctly localize dates in files names of downloaded export files.
- Bugfix: Fix typos in the code for math formula parsing that could lead to error messages in rare cases.
- Updated external libraries (DataTables, SimpleXLSX, Build tools).
- Some internal changes for better stability, translations, and documentation.
You should also enable auto-updates for TablePress, on the “Plugins” screen of your site’s admin Dashboard. That way, new versions will be installed on your site automatically.
And, did you know, that more great features are available as TablePress Extensions? If your site has many tables that you want to organize in folders or categories, you should check out the Wicked Folders Pro plugin, which also works with TablePress. Or, if you are using a Divi theme and want more visual styling options, TablePress Styler by Divi Modules might be for you.